Recycling Industry Operating Standard (RIOS)
The Recycling Industry Operating Standard (RIOS) is the recycling industry’s management system standard for quality, environment and health & safety (QEH&S). Specifically designed for the recycling industry, RIOS; integrates the key operational elements found in other standards, such as ISO 9001 (QMS), ISO 14001 (EMS), and OHSAS 18001 (OHSMS), bringing them together into one streamlined management system.
Goal of RIOS:
- To help scrap recyclers achieve measurable goals and continual improvement in their QEH&S performance.
Benefits of RIOS Certification
- Bring health & safety performance under systems control
- Integrate with QMS and EMS requirements; eliminate duplication; improve efficiency
- Improve employees understanding of improved health & safety performance
- Reduce risk (insurance costs)
- Enhanced public perception
- Better community relations
- Monitor and improve product quality, increasing customer satisfaction and confidence
- Keep on top of environmental compliance, decreasing environmental risks and costs
- Improve health & safety practices, reducing health & safety risks and costs
- Ensure continual improvement in your operations, boosting efficiency and profitability
- Empower your employees to work towards common goals, increasing productivity