Why Glacier Consulting
Glacier Consulting has been in the environmental, health and safety, and recycling industry for more than 14 years. The first 8 years of which were spent primarily on consulting for EHS legal requirements along with ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 management system implementation. Glacier Consulting has an in depth knowledge and understanding around on-site identification of applicable legal requirements and verification of compliance to those legal requirements.
The last six years, Glacier Consulting has been involved with oversight of ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, R2 (Responsible Recycling), e-Stewards, RIOS (Recycling Industry Operating Standard), ISO 50001 and numerous greenhouse gas standards for a large certification body. Therefore, Glacier Consulting has been directly involved with the management of auditor staff, maintaining accreditation requirements, collaborating with accreditation bodies and standard holders on certification processes and requirements, building client relationships, resolving client disputes/appeals, conducting training for new auditors, auditor refresher training and online webinars, conducting witness audits, certification marketing, development of internal procedures and auditing requirements, determination of audit days for quoting, and Executive Committee member for audit package approvals. During this time, Glacier Consulting has also maintained status as a Lead auditor for ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, e‑Stewards, R2, RIOS and ISO 50001.
Glacier Consulting has the knowledge and expertise from being a lead auditor, consultant and program manager for a well-known certification body to ensure you receive an efficient, streamlined management system that is effectively implemented.
Scott Jones is an experienced ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, R2, RIOS and ISO 50001 lead auditor and consultant. Prior to establishing Glacier Consulting, he worked as the EHS Global Program Manager with Perry Johnson Registrars, a well-known certification body for over 5 years. He also serves as a member of the R2 Technical Advisory Committee and has developed approved RIOS and R2 online Lead Auditor Training Courses. Prior to his tenure at PJR, he worked for 8 years as an environmental, health and safety consultant for a company specializing in environmental remediation and energy projects throughout the United States.
Glacier Consulting Advantages
With our in-house knowledge and expertise, Glacier Consulting will provide the following advantages for your organization:
- Vast knowledge of Environmental, Health and Safety legal requirements.
- An excellent understanding of Certification Body procedures and requirements.
- Experience as a Lead Auditor with the knowledge to conduct an effective gap analysis to ensure a successful certification audit.
- Trained and developed several Lead Auditor courses and have the ability to effectively train organization’s employees.
- Understand the necessity to establish management systems designed for each organization’s needs.
- Provide flexibility in setting up company specific maintenance plans for your management system(s).
- Ability to streamline and create effective integrated documentation for all of your management systems.
- Conduct thorough internal and downstream vendor audits.
- Industry knowledge of standard(s) and certification requirements to ensure a successful certification audit the first time through.